Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Trip to Boseong and Suncheon: Part II

We started our second day with some breakfast, then we made our first stop at Suncheon Bay Garden. This was the site of a world expo in 2013, which was meant to display different types of gardens from all around the world. This ended up being a much larger park than we had expected, and we spent a few hours walking around and seeing different kinds of gardens that were on display.

I love these flowers!

Our next stop was Suncheon Bay Ecological Park. These wetlands are covered with reeds, which at this time of year are green, but apparently turn red in the fall.  I wasn't necessarily expecting to be that impressed with the wetlands, but I was happily surprised at how amazingly beautiful it was.  The reeds were green as could be and went on and one as far as we could see. As the wind blew, the reeds swayed and created a sound as relaxing as the ocean coming up to shore.

There's just no way to capture the experience of standing in the midst of all this green for as far as the eye can see. 

/Beautiful mountains.

As we looked down at the ground, we also could see lots of little crabs and other critters in the mud below us.

This was an amazing place to walk around, but eventually we finished and by this point we were starving, so we knew we had to find food quickly.  We ended up driving back more towards the center of town, where we stopped and ate some more delicious food. I'm not sure why I didn't take any pictures of my lunch (maybe I was really just that hungry), but I had hands down the best naengmyeon (cold noodles) I've had yet.  

We all felt better after eating lunch, so we were on to our next and final stop, Seonamsa Temple. This temple was really quiet and peaceful, and we were lucky that there was almost no one else around.  Although I've seen a ton of temples in Korea by now, this one was a little different because the paint was really worn off.  I'm not sure if there's a reason why this temple isn't as restored as the others I've seen, but it was an interesting difference. 

By this point it was already around 6:00--another day that had seemed to fly by. We got on the road since we had a four hour drive back home. We got back around 10:00, at which point I scrambled to get myself ready for school the next day. I was completely exhausted on Monday, but it was worth it to see this beautiful part of Korea. I'm so thankful that Paul was able to drive, because there's no way we would have been able to see so many things in this short amount of time if we had had to rely on public transportation. Overall, another successful weekend in Korea with yet another thing checked off of the bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment