Sunday, July 27, 2014

The first farewell


Over the next month there are going to be some big changes in our Jeomchon community.  We have four people leaving Korea and one person moving to Seoul.  It's going to be a huge change without these people here, so last night we had the first of what will be two farewell events for them.

School has been completely consuming my life for the past month, so I really haven't seen anyone in ages.  Just about everyone I saw last night greeted me by saying "where have you been?!"  Needless to say, it was a breath of fresh air to be social again.

One things that has really impressed me about Jeomchon is the amount of effort people put into planning events.  We've had some great birthday parties throughout the year, so I knew that this "Lip-sync off" was going to be quite the event...and it was.

A bunch of people prepared performances, which covered just about every genre there is.


Yes, this was Thriller. 
Naturally after the performances were all hung out (and of course had a few drinks).  
One of my favorites in Korea.  James has been here for 6 yeas and is leaving in August. I'm not sure what I will do without him!

Marize is another Korea veteran and is returning to South Africa after four years in Korea. 


James, Katelyn, and I have the best Kakao chat group ever.  I spend the majority of my days talking to them off and on. We've already informed James that he has to keep up with our messages...even when there's a 12 hour time difference. 

Romeo has been in Jeomchon the longest (7 years), followed by James with 6 years. I love them both dearly, but luckily Romeo lives in Vermont and James has family in NH and VT, so planning reunions can easily be arranged.    

I don't think the changes coming in the next month are really going to hit me until after I get back from vacation...or maybe not even until I say goodbye. In the meantime, I'm going to try to enjoy every last minute with these fabulous people.

No comments:

Post a Comment