Sunday, August 25, 2013

Orientation, Part 2.

Tomorrow is the last day of orientation.  In the morning/afternoon we will present our lessons to our classes and advisers.  Then, later in the afternoon/evening we have a meeting with our POEs in which we will FINALLY find out where we are placed.

I feel prepared to end up anywhere, but at this point I'm just extremely curious to know where I'll be spending the next year of my life (and to find out which grade level I'll be teaching!)  The mixture of nervousness about my lesson demonstration (which is totally stupid because it doesn't count for anything, and you know, I've been observed a million times over the past few years....) and the nervousness about finding out my placement and leaving this little bubble we've been is sitting pretty uncomfortably with me tonight.

This week has been long, hot, and exhausting, but also extremely informative and fun.  I've met a lot of really cool people from all over the world and learned a ton of about language acquisition and teaching.  

All week we've been given a ton of information about what it is going to be like once we move to our schools, and it's really been building the anticipation for the whole process.  I'm going to miss our EPIK bubble, but it's time to start living our own adventures.  




And for your enjoyment, I'll end this post with a picture of one of my favorite discoveries in Korea thus far.  I mean, you just would never find a toilet like this in America.




No comments:

Post a Comment