Saturday, August 31, 2013

There are other foreigners here!

Last night I came home from school, still without a phone and internet.  Now, what do you do when you have no phone, no internet, and no friends?

I decided to put on pajamas and watch some episodes of Friends, of course.

So there I was. 8:00 on Friday night and I was pretty much ready to fall asleep, when I heard what I thought was my doorbell.

Who could it be?  I thought it had to be my co-teacher stopping by for something.

But when I opened the door it wasn't my co-teacher...it was two American guys.

Hooray! The other expats found me! They introduced themselves and invited me to come out with them.

Of course I joined them and ended up meeting a lot of the other expats in the area.  There's not a HUGE group, but enough people that it made me feel like I'm not completely alone in this town.

Yay for not being totally isolated! I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment