Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Korean Surprise: Canceled Classes

This week has been a little difficult for me.  While exam week was great because I got to go home early every day, it's been brutal to jump right back into a full course load.  Actually, with speaking tests, student trips, and "self-study" time, really I haven't had all my classes for quite some time.  Now add in the fact that students are tired and lacking motivation now that exams are done--and this week has been a struggle.

I woke up today exhausted, without any motivation to teach.  When I went to my first class, the students all looked surprised and told me that today is a test day.

SURPRISE!

No classes today.

Needless to say, I was relieved. However, why do my students have testing when they JUST finished final exams?

I mean, this is Korea after all.  I don't know why I'm still surprised by this.


No comments:

Post a Comment