Friday, December 13, 2013

Brilliant Korea: Waiter Buttons

So I reailzed that I've been really slacking on keeping track of all the brilliant things Korea has to offer.  So my friends, here is one of my favorite things about eating in Korea.  I hereby present to you: waiter buttons.



I'm not sure these buttons actually have a proper name, but I have heard them called "jeogiyo" buttons as well.  "Jeogiyo" is the word that you usually yell out if you need to get the attention of the waiter/waitress, but usually with the help of these little buttons, you don't have to say anything.

If you need anything while you're eating at a restaurant, all you have to do is press this button and it alerts your waiter/waitress.  If you don't press it, they don't come over.  Yes, that's right, you don't have to have to deal with the whole awkward "Are you ready to order? How is your food?  Can I get you anything" visits from your waiter while you eat.  Ready to order?  Press the button.  Need more beer?  Press the button.

Awesome, right?  The first time I saw this way back at orientation I couldn't believe we don't have this in America.  I mean, come on, people! So simple, but so brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment