Sunday, April 27, 2014

Brilliant Korea: Cat Cafes

Before I came to Korea I spent a large amount of time reading blogs written by people in the EPIK program.  One wonderful thing I read about numerous times was the prevalence of cat and dog cafes.  These are cafes where you can go drink coffee and spend time with cats or dogs.  As an animal-lover, I knew that I definitely wanted to visit one of these wonderful cafes once I was in Korea.

Yesterday I went to Daegu with one of my Jeomchon friends, and as we were walking down one of the main streets, I noticed a sign for a cat cafe.  Although I'm sure we were on a totally different mission at the time, we decided that our other plans had to be put on hold because seeing some cats was WAY more important.

We paid 7,000 won (a little less then $7) to enter the cafe, and a drink was also included in that price.  Not bad if I do say so myself.

The cafe is full of cats who wander around or take naps anywhere they please (including on the tables).  The cats were very calm, and it was obvious that they're used to having people around constantly.  I enjoyed seeing the different breeds of cats--they were all beautiful.

This cat was my favorite! It loved to be held and was purring in our arms.  






Finding the cat cafe was a wonderful surprise for our Saturday afternoon.  One thing I hate about being in Korea is the lack of animal interaction that I get, and it was nice to have a way to somewhat fill that void.  I hope it won't be too long before I get some more animal time in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment